Born in 1986, Lamjung, Nepal
Lives and works in Kathmandu, Nepal
Born in 1986 in Lamjung, Nepal, Hit Man Gurung has done numerous non-conventional art projects, group exhibits and workshops. He was a 2011 recipient of the Australian Himalayan Art Award and was selected in 2012 as one of the winners of the competition “Imagining our Future Together: A Vision of a Better Common Future in South Asia,” organized by the World Bank. He was also selected for the project “Under the Bodhi Tree,” organized by WWF and Lumbini Development Trust. Gurung holds a Master’s degree from Tribhuvan University and is a lecturer at Tribhuvan University and other schools.
- 2004. Academic Qualification: I.F.A.-T.U., Lalitkala Campus
- 2007. B.F.A. – T.U., Lalitkala Campus
- 2012. M.F.A. – Central Department of Fine Art T.U.
- 2012. Participated in the art program ‘Art From The Earth’ at Kamal Kunj, Kamaladi, invited by The Ambassador of the United States of America and Mrs.Scott H.DeLisi.
- 2012. Selected in the ‘2nd Kathmandu International Art Festival.’
- 2012-2013. One of the twenty-five winners of the juried art competitions and exhibition at Silpakala Academy, Bangladesh Dhaka, Heritage Plaza New Delhi, World Bank Head office ,Wasington DC ‘Imagining our Future Together-a vision of a better common future in South Asia’, a project organized by the Vice Presidency for South Asia and the Art Program of the World Bank.
- 2011. Recepient of ‘The Australian Himalayan foundation art award’ supporting young artists in the Himalayan region.
- Lecturer at Fine Art Campus, Bhotahity, Nepal
Art Events & Projects:
- 2012. From portrait to Self-Portrait. An art project by Antonio Nodar, The Nepali Album in Jan 10, collaboration with 300 Nepali Artists, org- by KCAC
- 2012. Under the Bodhi Tree. An Exhibition of paintings by 12 artists-May 6 – April 22 at Siddhartha Art Gallery, Babar Mahal, Kathmandu, Nepal-org by WWF and Lumbini Development Trust
- 2012. Amalgam. An Exhibition of Paintings by 26 artists- July 23, at Siddhartha Art Gallery, Babar Mahal, Kathmandu, Nepal – Org by Siddhartha Art Gallery
- 2012. Participated in Second Kathmandu International Art Festival, Kathmandu, Nepal
- 2012. Group art exhibition No Name No Theme Just Art at Ting, Kathmandu, Nepal
- 2011. Future of history. A collaboration art project, Park art gallery, Lalitpur, Nepal
- 2011. Two men show at Siddhartha Art Gallery, Babarmahal, and Kathmandu, Nepal Supported by ‘The Australian Himalayan foundation art award’
- 2011. New Expression on the Block. An Exhibition of paintings by Eleven Artists-21st Dec – 17th Jan, org by – Siddhartha Art Gallery, Kathmandu, Nepal
- 2010. Art Bridge Education. An Artistic and peaceful demonstration against delay of M.F.A. in Nepal
- 2010. Walking on the street. 2 months from studio, - 3 days on street, - One day at Panauti, Nepal
- 2009. Public Art-2. A creative awakening demonstration against garbage problem of Kathmandu valley, Kathmandu, Nepal
- 2009. Intimacy with Nature. A documentary of 2 days travel and a day workshop- An experimental art project (land art) with nature as medium, at chisapani’.
- 2008. Naya Awazeharu (New voices-2),Exhibition of art residency, Art Council, Kathmandu, Nepal
- 2007. Yuwa. Sutra art workshop, in collaboration with Kathmandu university center for art and design;K.U., Kathmandu, 2008. Naya Awazeharu (New voices 2), Exhibition of art residency, Art Council, Kathmandu, Nepal