Born in 1985, Dahmani, Tunisia.
Lives and works between Paris and Tunis.
Nidhal Chamekh is a visual artist and a painter. He studied in the Fine Arts school of Tunis and that of Paris and carries out his doctoral research at the Sorbonne. The popular districts of Tunis where he grew up and the persecution of his militant family are to have a deep impact on his art. He began exhibiting his work at the age of 12, in Tunisia, and later in France and other European countries. His plastic research unfolds around the fragmented forms of reality and its possible languages. In his work, the figurative element remains clearly present but the subject is often blurry or almost absent.
His line, essentially fragmented, draws on all eras and confuses spaces and cultures. We could consider his work as a "sampler" of the chaos of history. It is about creating plans able to operate some "cross-sections" of the chaos, to constitute a kind of social and cultural archaeology to make perceptible the historical complexity of the images. introducing the montage operate us a tool to see the social temporality and to collect in the same space the visual dislocation of the world.
His work has been exhibited at the National Centre for Linving Art (Tunis), El Abdellia Palace(Tunis), then later in France and other countries of Europe, in Talmart gallery, Carrousel du Louvre, the Arab World Institut, Gallery 34 (Paris), Primo Piano gallery (Lecce), Palexpo (Geneva)...
- PhD researcher in fine arts and art sciences. Paris 1, Panthéon Sorbonne. Paris.
- Graduated in fine art. the School of Fine Arts.Tunis.
- 2013. Politics 2. National Living Art Center, Tunis. Tunisia.
- 2013. D.Dessin (13). Atelier Richelieu, Paris. France.
- 2013. Politics. Talmart gallery, Paris. France.
- 2013. Dispars. Talmart gallery, Paris. France.
- 2012. Comme un souffle de Liberté. Main exhibition. Fête de l’Humanité, Paris. France.
- 2012. Politics. National Living Art Center, Tunis.Tunisia.
- 2012. Dégagements… La Tunisie, un an après. Arab World Institute, Paris. France.
- 2011. Truismes, 34 Gallery, Paris. France.
- 2010. Art by Genève. Palexpo, Geneva. Switzerland
- 2010. Spring Contemporary Art Fair, Carrousel du Louvre, Paris. France.
- 2010. Ivry en Seine. Art & Fusion, Ivry sur Seine. France.
- 2010. Cadavre Exquis. Primo Piano gallery, Lecce. Italy.
- 2010. L’Atlas – Nidhal – Rêveur. Glandeur Nature gallery, Lyon. France.
- 2009. Spring Contemporary Art Fair. Carrousel du Louvre, Paris. France.
- 2009. 7th Spring Contemporary Art Fair. Palais El Abdellia, Tunis. Tunisia.
- 2009. Group Show. Museum of the City of Tunis. Tunisia.
- 2008. Preuve par 9, le Damier gallery, Tunis. Tunisia.
- 2007. Guillevic, French Institute of Tunisia, Tunis. Tunisia.
- 2006. 5th Spring Contemporary Art Fair. Palais El Abdellia, Tunis. Tunisia.
- 2012. Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation.
- 2008. Ministry of higher education and research, visual arts section. Tunisia.
- 2012. Politics 2, Centre National d’Art Vivant de Tunis.
- 2012. Comme un souffle de liberté, l’Humanité.
- 2012. Politics, Centre National d’Art Vivant de Tunis.
- 2012. Dégagements, Institut du Monde Arabe.
- 2012. Art by Genève.