Born in 1983, Kathmandu, Nepal
Lives and works in Kathmandu, Nepal
Sanjeev Maharjan is a freelance visual artist based in Kathmandu. He was graduated from Kathmandu University Center for Art and Design in 2009. Since then he had participated in group exhibitions, several art wrokshops and art projects. Maharjan worked as artist in residency in Kathmandu Contemporary Art Center for six month and had a show with another fellow artist in residency Sunita Maharjan. He was also selected for IN-BETWEEN project, students exchange program between KUART and Gerrit Rietvield Acadamy, Amsterdam. He was also selected for Kathmandu International Art Festival, Separating Myth From The Reality, Status of women, 2009 and Earth-Body-Mind, 2012, Nepal
- 2009 - 2005. B.F.A., Kathmandu University Centre for Art and Design (Painting), Kathmandu
- 2003 - 2001. I.F.A., Lalit Kala Campus -Fine Art College (Painting), Kathmandu, Nepal.
Artist in residency:
- 2010. First young artist to be awarded a Kathmandu Contemporary Arts Center six month residency, March
- 2009. Portraits from the Shadows, Kathmandu University BFA Solo Exhibition
Project, Siddhartha Art Gallery, Kathmandu, Nepal
- 2010. Under one sun festival, four days event of installation art and photographs, Organized by UNHCR on 60th anniversary of UNHCR Basantapur, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- 2010. Re-fuzed in Bhaktapur, 3 days art event organized by Re-Fuze- group Of young artist, Bhaktapur, Nepal
- 2010. Two men show, Repeating Bodies by Sanjeev Maharjan, Structural Space by Sunita Maharjan, Kathmandu Contemporary Arts Centre, Lalitpur, Nepal
- 2010. in/difesa, Fondazione 107, Turin, Italy
- 2009. Separating Myth from Reality- Status of Woman, International Art Festival and Exhibition organized by Siddhartha art gallery, Kathmandu, Nepal
- 2009. Kalakar ko Aankha ma Bhumi, multi media exhibition on the issues of Land organized by Lasana- an alternative art space, Nepal Association of Fine Art, Kathmandu, Nepal
- 2009. Graduation Show, BFA 4tth year students, Kathmandu University Center For Art and Design, Nepal Art Council, Kathmandu, Nepal
- 2008. Amalgam. an exhibition of painting by national and international artists, Siddhartha Art Gallery, Kathmandu, Nepal
- 2009. Garbage Out of Thin Air – Everest Junk Project, World Wild Life Federation, Imago de Café and Gallery, Kathmandu, Nepal
- 2009. Unifying - A Woman’s World, group painting Exhibition, Hotel de l’ Annapurna, organized by Siddhartha Art Gallery, Kathmandu, Nepal
- 2008. Ned-Nep In-between, a presentation of works by Kathmandu University Center for Art and Design and Gerrit Rietveld Academie students, Nepal Art Council, Kathmanud, Nepal
- 2008. Ned-Nep In-between, presentation of works by Kathmandu University Center for Art and Design and Gerrit Rietveld Academie students, Lloyd Hotel, Amsterdam, Netherland.
- 2008. Save Bagmati, group painting exhibition, Nepal Art Council, Kathmandu, Nepal
- 2007. NAYA NEPAL, Cartoon Exhibition, Nepal Association of Fine Arts, Organized by Leo Club of Kathmandu Ringroad, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- 2007. Masquerade, mask exhibition at British Council, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- 2011. Monsoon a printmaking Workshop 2011, three days etching workshop, Bindu- a space for artists, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- 2009. Kalakar KO Akha Bhumi, workshop on the issue of Land and its right to woman, LASANA- an alternative art space, Nepal Association of Fine Arts, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- 2008. Save Bagamati, painting workshop, Commercial artist association of Nepal, Sankhamul, Lalitpur, Patan, Nepal.
- 2007. Masquerade. mask workshop, British Council, Kathmandu, Nepal.
Switzerland, Netherland, Italy, England, Nepal